- Delivery & Returns
Innovative Race Functions with Bold New Styling. This quality, reliable sailing watch is available in 3 distinctive strap colours.
Ronstan’s ClearStart™ race timer and watches combine contemporary styling with true sailing functionality. They feature large buttons, easy to read displays and advanced intuitive programming designed specifically with the racing sailor in mind. Developed with input from some of the world’s top sailors, ClearStart™ watches and timers are sure to set the standard for years to come. If you’re looking for a simple competitive edge, the difference is ClearStart™.
Specialist RACE MODE Features including:
- Multiple Start Sequence options - World Sailing 5,4,1,0, Match Racing, User Set.
- SYNChronisation function - resynchronise if you start the count down early or late
- Multi-line display - Start Sequences + Time
- Loud intuitive count down and start sound signals
- Count down repeat or count down and up options (for elapsed race time).
- Separate fast access Race and Time mode scrolling
- Water resistant to 5 ATM (50m/150ft)
- STANDARD Features including:
- Time, hours/minutes/seconds - 12 or 24hr format
- Month/Day or Day/Month format
- Daily alarm
- Chronograph - Including hours and time of the day
- Luminescent backlight
- Battery saving mode - light can be turned off
- Shock resistant
- Durable ultra-clear mineral crystal lens
- Comfortable and secure silicon band
- Glass Fibre Reinforced case
- 50mm (2") diameter face
- Oversized 13mm (1/2") digit display
- Textured easy-find buttons
- Stainless steel buckle with silicon band retainer
- Stainless steel back
The RONSTAN CLEARSTART SAILING WATCH - 50MM user manual can be found here as a download.
How to change the battery on the Ronstan ‘Clearstart’ 50mm watch
Please note this is done at the users own risk, if you are not comfortable changing the battery, please take the watch to a qualified watch maker.
• 1.5mm cross headed screwdriver
• Small tweezers
• A new battery CR2032
1. Note on the back the 4 no. small cross headed screws that hold the backplate. Also note the orientation of the back plate to the watch.
2. Remove the 4 no. screws and pick out the metal back plate and place to one side.
3. Note that a very thin rubber gasket will be attached to the back plate in a small grove when the back plate is removed. Keep this rubber gasket in place.
4. A white sticker will cover the battery top cover. Do not remove this, but remove the small crossed headed screw as shown by the arrow / text on the sticker and remove from the hole the screw with the use of the tweezers. Note: this screw is smaller than the cover screws.
5. Lift with the tweezers the battery top cover to revel the small CR2032 battery.
6. Pull out the battery and note the orientation of the battery positive side + up.
7. Replace the battery + side up
8. Replace the battery cover and relocate the small battery retaining screw and tighten.
9. Replace the back plate cover complete with rubber gasket and re-attach with the 4 no. small screws and tighten.
10. The watch will now be showing the factory reset 12:00 time and the date will be reset to 2013.
11. Follow the manufactures instructions to reset the time and date.
Delivery & Returns
You can select your preferred delivery option or local pick up from Rooster at checkout.
We are happy to accept your returns so long as you send them back within 30 days.
For full details on all our terms and conditions click here.
Thank you for being a customer of Rooster, if you have any questions please use our online chat, call or email.
Phone: +44 (0)1243 389997
- TTony@ahandfield.plus.comVerified ReviewerI do not recommend this productRated 2 out of 5 stars1 year agoBe wary. Not as great as it first appears.
My watch gained about 30 seconds each week which I considered to be unacceptable. Research suggests that digital quartz watches should be accurate to +/- 1 second per day. When I complained, the manufacturer said the following
"This amount of time is not really a warranty issue as all time pieces loose time. It will more than likely happen again if you have another watch."
I sent it back and got a full refund.
You also need to know that switching from normal time to countdown is very awkward as you have to press two small buttons simultaneously.
I wouldn't buy one of these again
- JGJohn G.I recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars3 years ago4 Stars
As a weekly laser sailor my watches seem to die pretty quickly, but not this ClearStart. Durable design, digits are easy to see and the buttons easy to press as that 5 & 4min gun to sync in on the start goes off. Beeps are easily heard and increase as the sequence counts down to 1min & Start. I find this watch quite comfortable and as such I've started wearing to the office during the week. The only con is that I don't think you can set the 5/4/1/0 start out further than 5mins so you cant sync to earlier division starts and thus you need to do the start gun sync while on the water negotiating your 5/4/1/0 start.