- Delivery & Returns
Sometimes called the friction pad - this helps hold the centeboard in place and controls the aft edge.
(The original Laser MK1 flat back rubber friction pad which is held in place with a toe strap gripper plate - see related items)
1. Remove the 2 no. existing screws with a cross-headed screwdriver – this will remove the small plastic front plate and the old rubber brake. There is no need to remove the Mainsheet block or its screws to fit a new brake.
2. The area underneath the old brake should be cleaned (a small amount of acetone on a rag) to remove any old sealant that still may be attached to the hull.
3. Apply a small amount of new sealant to the existing deck holes.
4. Offer up the new rubber brake and put the screws through the existing gripper plate that holds the brake in place.
5. Offer up the Laser dagger board into the slot and before tightening down the 2 no. screws completely, move the rubber brake fore and aft, so the large ‘V part’ is just rubbing on the back of the Laser dagger board. It can sometimes be easier to turn the Laser on its side in the dinghy park to check you have the new rubber in the correct place, so there is not too much friction on the board when fully down.
If you need replacement a gripper plastic plate, sealant, or screws, please see the related product items for more details.
Rooster parts are high quality replacements that perform the same function as the original part. They should not be confused with official parts bearing the Laser® registered trademark. They cannot be used if you are sailing at an Association event. However, they are perfect for social sailing, sailing schools, club sailing or training. Generally, there is a significant cost saving when purchasing Rooster parts.
Laser® is a registered trademark owned by Velum Limited and currently licensed for use in Europe to Laser Performance (Europe) Limited. Rooster Sailing Limited is fully independent of both Laser Performance (Europe) Limited and Velum Limited.
Delivery & Returns
You can select your preferred delivery option or local pick up from Rooster at checkout.
We are happy to accept your returns so long as you send them back within 90 days.
For full details on all our terms and conditions click here.
Thank you for being a customer of Rooster, if you have any questions please use our online chat, call or email.
Phone: +44 (0)1243 389997