Confused about which rope to buy?
Rooster's Spectwelve™ is a 12 braided 'hollow' rope made from quality UMHwPE fibres before being treated to reduce any stretch or creep to a minimum. The heat treatment also makes this line maintain its shape in cleats, which is an unusual quality in many equivalent Dynema® lines.
Dyneema® is in fact composed of fibers of UHMwPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) or HMPE produced by Dupont. UHMwPE is 15 times stronger than steel and 40% stronger than many aramids of the same weight. This makes it an extraordinary fibre for making racing ropes.
Please note this item is classified as a CUSTOM PRODUCT and hence customers should be aware of the returns policy as found in the current Rooster Terms and Conditions.
||Breaking Load (kg)
About control lines: Spectwelve is not for your hands, but rather is the 'easy spliceable' 12 braid UMHPE to take the huge primary loads in your control systems. For your hands choose from; Polyloc™ for a reassuring, hard wearing, easy cleating control line; Polisprint™ for low friction adjustment; or EasySplice™ if you are looking for a continuous control line solution. AllSpec Pro™ is available if low stretch is required.
- UMHPE fibres
- 12-strand construction
- Treated with specialised marine coating
- Ultra low creep
- Solution-dyed Stealth Fibre® (excellent colourfastness)
- Extreme strength-to-weight ratio15 x stronger than steel
- Hydrophobic fibre (no water absorption)
- Easy to splice
- Resistant to kinking
- Maintains high strength around tight-radius bends
- Exceptional UV and chemical resistance
- Abrasion-resistant coating reduces likelihood of snagging
Dyneema® is a registered trademark of the DSM company.