Job title: E-Commerce Manager
Location: Fareham UK or Remote Working is an option with contact time.
Start date: March 2022
Hours: Full-Time Permanent (40 Hours Weekly) Mon-Fri
Reports to: Managing Director
Closing Date: 28/02/2022
Founded in 1999, Rooster is a leading water sports technical clothing and equipment manufacturer and distributor serving all watersports worldwide. Rooster designs innovative, functional, and sustainable products for those that love the water as much as we do. We aim to inspire, educate, and facilitate access to the freedom of being on the water in your element. With headquarters based on the south coast of the UK, kit all over the world, and warehouses in the UK, US, and Germany, Rooster has a truly unique brand.
This is a critical role within the Rooster group. With several E-Commerce websites spanning two separate platforms serving both the Retail and business-to-business arena, it is now time to bring on board an individual who will manage our entire e-commerce presence. You will take charge and maintain our websites to the highest degree, maintaining and developing content commissioned by the wider team, whilst ensuring good understanding and maintaining between our back-office system and the e-commerce platforms. You will have a good understanding of the Shopify Platform and perhaps even have developed skills that would enable the in-house development of this platform. You will also have a good understanding of our website SEO, with the potential to maintain that whilst taking responsibility for coordinating google shopping and Google Advertising.
This is a very broad role and whilst the right individual may not have all the required skills, we are willing to work with the right person who can learn and adapt to this role, but a broad mix of experience is most certainly an advantage.
- Managing all e-commerce platforms. Shopify (B2C) + A Custom Site (B2B) and be responsible for coordinating the wider teams’ requirements for keeping our platforms up to date.
- Working with the marketing team bringing relevant experience to the sales strategies and ensuring they are translated correctly over our platforms.
- Be responsible for delivering metrics that give us an indication of sales performance success.
- Be responsible for managing all data that passes to our e-commerce platforms and developing processes and strategies that ensure an extreme level of consistency and control.
- Having Shopify Developer experience is desirable, but you will also be the main point of contact with developers who make agreed changes to our site in line with our e-commerce strategy.
- Develop and manage our E-Commerce strategy to ensure that we are in a continual stance of moving forward and developing our platforms to ensure our customers have the best possible experience when purchasing Rooster products.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Vital to have excellent communications skills both verbally and over platforms
- Have good product management skills
- Able to manage data and ensure good consistency across multiple platforms
- Have Shopify Developer/Manager experience of E-Commerce platforms
- Have SEO/Google Shopping/Google Ad Spend experience
- Understand typical e-commerce sales and marketing strategies
- Able to work with a broad team both in-person and remotely
- Demonstrate good leadership skills
- South Coast UK location
- Opportunity for remote working
- Opportunity for travel
- Pension scheme
- 60% Staff Discount on all kit
- Dynamic working environment in our small and dedicated team of watersports enthusiasts
- On-site parking
- Bike to work scheme
If you are interested in applying for this role or have any questions, then please send your request to email@example.com telling us about yourself, what your motivations are for applying for this role and if you have a CV that would be great too.